|Course Duration||Certificate of Completion||Training Materials|
|3 hours||Is awarded after completing the course||Unlimited access|
In today’s industry, sewing machine operators (SMOs) working in safe and ethical environments are expected to achieve productivity goals set by management and be able to perform multiple operations. They are also expected to produce right first-time quality product and collaborate with fellow line workers in ensuring production flow is smooth and that their lines are balanced.
However, SMO training of new recruits in many factories is a costly but inefficient process. There is no standardized procedure to ensure that new trainees can physically perform as required. Evaluation of their performance is carried out only at the end of training when they are transferred to the production lines regardless of their performance achievements.
The existing training programs are also inefficient with as much as 70% of program time wasted while trainees wait for their trainers or training supplies. As such, SMO trainees who have undergone this type of short-term training program are frequently unable to score above 45% of expected performance levels. They are simply not equipped with the essential knowledge, skills and abilities that would allow them to effectively perform their tasks satisfactorily.
The industry is labor-intensive and employs large numbers of workers. Flexible SMOs capable of performing multiple tasks is the key to success. The proposed training program is practical and aligned with the essential needs of the industry and the new recruits. They will learn to work in a timely manner and be able to perform all the assigned sewing operations according to the SMVs established by the engineering team and to the quality norms required for the product. In addition, the training program can be applied to re-skill low performers or to upskill existing workers.
The training program employs a scientific approach ensuring the trainee can exceed 75% of performance targets after completion of each topic covered during the program.
Trainers that used this program to develop their SMOs have achieved impressive results. The SMOs will understand the fundamentals behind the key drivers of performance and productivity as well as possess better practical skills towards achieving core goals. Practical skills and knowledge include:
- Enhanced adherence towards practices of occupational safety, health and compliant standards.
- Better understanding of external factors influencing productivity (wasteful motions) relevant to work practices and workflow.
- In-depth knowledge of sewing equipment set-ups and adjustments to be made in order to achieve SMVs.
- Better hands dexterity and parts manipulation.
- Sustained adherence to work methods as designed by engineering department.
- Greater awareness of quality issues and requirements.
- Higher productivity levels over 80% for freshers.
- Semi-flexible line positioning ideal for better balancing.
Partial Proven Results
- Achieved level of Right First-Time quality product up to 98%
- Improved balancing ratio up to 96%.
- Enhanced Labour utilization by 45%
- Improved individual performance by 65%
- Increased productivity output by 42%
- Reduced Product labour cost by 32%
To find out your best suitable course for your career, We would be glad to assist you in making the right choice
1. Fundamental Key-Knowledge relevant to safety, workplace organization and factors impacting performance
2. Role of SMO in financial performance through productivity and team collaboration
3. Basic information related to work methods composition
4. Key Factors affecting Work Methods
5. Classification of economic movements
6. Timely Machine set-ups and practices
7. Scientific methodology for developing effective dexterity
8. Techniques to eliminate wasteful motions and stabilize work methods
9. Quality related information and techniques
10. Practical performance of multiple elemental activities and seam type
11. Facilitator's Guide (Training methodology)
10. Coaching and follow-ups
Your feedback is important to us