Course Duration Certificate of CompletionTraining Materials 
4 hoursIs awarded after completing the courseUnlimited access


VSM focuses on materials and information flow which accounts for 20% of improvement. Productivity improvement is based on the combined performance of all manufacturing resources (direct Manpower, Machinery/tools, Materials, Methods and Space) and accounts for the remaining 80% of total improvement. Budgeted costs are based on the combined performance of all manufacturing resources. Therefore correctly assessing manufacturing resources is crucial and allows the organization to maximize their utilization resulting in higher productivity and less inventories and WIP.

This course clarifies the techniques behind the assessment tools used to analyze the current state of manufacturing resources from dock to dock through the manufacturing value chain. It leads to the identification of roadblocks and their causes and then to the design of new concepts for eliminating current roadblocks. The course also covers the impact on unit cost and the potential gains expected from the elimination of those roadblocks.


You will be able to:

  • Identify tactics impacting manufacturing resources utilization
  • Identify manufacturing resources and areas affecting the tactics
  • Identify key analytical input for utilization ratio
  • Analyze utilization of practices, direct labor, machinery, cutting tables, etc.
  • Manufacturing chain balancing
  • Bump balancing
  • Analyze Standard Allowed Hour (SAH) earnings per sq ft
  • Distinguish between wastes and value-added relevant to manufacturing resources
  • Identify Lean metrics derived from the assessment tools
  • Recognize areas for improvement
  • Identify overall potential in cost reduction and shortened lead time

To find out your best suitable course for your career, We would be glad to assist you in making the right choice

Communicate with our advisors

  • 0 Videos

  • 0 Quizzes

  • 2 Worksheets

  • 0 Files

  • 1. Inter-relation between unit cost and manufacturing resources

  • 2. Occasional factors disrupting manufacturing resources utilization

  • 3. Utilization analysis of manufacturing resources

  • 4. Value-added validation-driven success factors

  • 5. Techniques for boosting utilization levels

  • 6. Metrics analysis relevant to overall earnings

  • 7. Gains simulator and comparisons

  • 8. Integrated approach achieving optimization

  • Your feedback is important to us